Welcome to the Community Sustainable Energy Programme (CSEP)
CSEP is an open grants programme run by BRE as an award partner of the BIG Lottery Fund (BIG). BRE carries out research, consultancy, training and testing to help create better buildings and communities.
If you are planning to apply to the next round please read the latest Selection Panel decisions for further guidance.
The Community Sustainable Energy Programme has to date awarded £8.5 million to community-based organisations for the installation of microgeneration technologies, such as solar panels or biomass boilers and energy efficiency measures including loft and cavity wall insulation. It has provided £1 million for project development grants that has helped community organisations decide if they could benefit from a microgeneration and energy efficiency installation. The programme aims to achieve the following outcomes:
- Reduction in CO2 emissions
- Increased community awareness of climate change and how changes to our behaviour can reduce it
- Increased skills base of local trades (for example, local builders and building-service subcontractors working on renewable energy projects for the first time)
- Reduction in energy bills
- Reduction in reliance on imported energy and increased independence from commercial energy suppliers
- Stronger partnerships within local communities with lasting social benefits
- Growth of local enterprise in new technologies.
Last update 01st December 2011